Words by Sehr Chaudrie.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year again! Christmas and New Years’ party season is just around the corner. To ensure you win ‘best dressed’ at the Christmas work party, your wardrobe needs a trend update. Shop these 5 trends to nail your winter style.
- Pearls — embellished clothing and accessories are everywhere this season. Pearl embellished trousers, jumpers, jeans, tops and accessories are the most popular fall/winter trend at the moment. Stock up on pearl embellished clothing and accessories to help transition your outfits from casual to dressy without requiring an outfit change – perfect for those Christmas work parties just around the corner!
- Side stripe trousers — loungewear is the new streetwear. Side stripe trousers are great for winter – they are cosy, comfortable and stylish. From designer brands such as Gucci to high street brands such as Zara and MissyEmpire, side stripe trousers are the hottest new trend. Different colours and cuts keep outfits on trend and comfy.
- Red — the colour of the season is red. Whilst being festive, it is also the hottest colour right now and there are no shortage of ways to wear red; it brightens up any outfit and brings an effortless cool vibe to your look. It’s time to be bold and confident this season – red isn’t just for Christmas and Valentine’s Day! The ladies of fashion weeks around the world have given us serious street style inspiration for this trend
- Tailored checks — this trend combines workwear, masculine cuts, ‘Clueless’ vibes and a vintage look in an easy to follow style. You can wear this trend literally anywhere – from going for coffee and shopping with your best friend to going to work. It can take a casual look to business casual with ease.
- Faux fur — this is one of those timeless seasonal trends which can be featured in every outfit. Faux fur coats, jackets and stoles look great with both casual and dressy looks. This season the trend gets an update with faux fur being added to jumpers and dresses.
Take my word for it, follow these trends and you’re sure to end up on Santa’s nice list!
I liked that didn’t you? Thought so. Read more at Sehr’s beautiful blog: